Otterhampton Parish Council
Vacancy for Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
As at 1 September 2021
Salary in accordance with the substantive range of the National Joint Council spinal points 7-17 (April 2020) £20092 - £24491 (pro rata) depending on qualifications and experience.
Hours are approximately 10-12 per week. Holiday entitlement 22 days rising to 25 days after 5 years of service (pro rata)
Working from home, we are looking for a self-motivated person to become its next Clerk to the Council (a laptop computer, printer and 2 x four drawer filing cabinets are provided). The role is part time and includes being the Council’s Responsible Financial Officer.
The Clerk is responsible for the administration of the business and finance of the Council. The post includes some evening work (for example, parish council meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month 7-9pm) and occasional attendance at community and ad hoc meetings.
Candidates will need:
- Accurate administrative and financial skills with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to attend evening parish council meetings
- Ability to meet deadlines, to work alone and use of initiative
- Computer literate with confident knowledge of MS Office applications (including Word and Excel) internet, email and social media
- Ability to interpret and advise on Parish Council Governance
- Experience is desirable but not essential as training will be provided if required and/or a willingness to work towards the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA)
- An interest in community life
- A friendly and positive outlook
For a copy of the job description, person specification and application form, please call 01278 652426 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 13 October 2021. Interviews will take place week commencing 25 October 2021. The handover for the post will commence during November 2021