BRYMPTON PARISH COUNCIL
Serving our Community
Vacancy for Parish Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer
Salary in accordance with the NJC scale LC1 commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Approximately 26.5hours per week
Applications are invited for the position of Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer Brympton Parish Council.
The Clerk is responsible for the administration of the business and finances of the Council. The post includes some evening work and occasional attendance at community meetings and annual conferences.
Candidates will need:
- Accurate administrative and financial skills, attention to detail
- Availability to attend monthly evening meetings
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate with confident knowledge of MS Office applications, internet, email, and social media
- Ability to meet deadlines and work alone, use of initiative
- Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) or equivalent, or a willingness to work towards it or similar training courses
- An interest in community life
- A friendly and positive outlook
The role is based at the Parish Council Office, The Forum, Abbey Manor.
For a copy of the job description, person specification and application form, please call 01935 424332 or email email@example.com
To apply please send your covering letter, CV and completed application form to The Parish Office, Abbey Community Centre, The Forum, YEOVIL, Somerset, BA21 3TL or via email, as above.
Closing date for applications is 27th November 2020.
First interviews will take place w/c 7th December 2020. The handover for the post may begin on the 4th January 2021 but this date is negotiable if required.