As of 29th November 2021
Salary in accordance with the substantive range of the National Joint Council spinal points 13 -17 (April 2020) £20092 - £24491 (pro rata) depending on qualifications and experience.
Hours are approximately 10 per week. Holiday entitlement 22 days rising to 25 days after 5 years of service (pro rata).
Working from home, we are looking for a self-motivated person to become its next Clerk to the Council (a laptop computer, printer and 1 x four drawer filing cabinets are provided). The role is part time and includes being the Council’s Responsible Financial Officer.
The Clerk is responsible for the administration of the business and finance of the Council. The post includes some evening work (for example, Parish Council meetings are held on the third Monday of the month from 7.00pm) and occasional attendance at community and ad hoc meetings.
Candidates will need:
- Accurate administrative and financial skills with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to attend evening Parish Council meetings
- Ability to meet deadlines, to work alone and use of initiative
- Computer literate with confident knowledge of MS Office applications (including Word and Excel) internet, email and social media
- Experience of using finance software packages (the Parish Council use Scribe) and maintaining and updating websites would be preferred
- Ability to interpret and advise on Parish Council Governance
- Previous Clerk experience is preferred but not essential as training will be provided if required
- An interest in community life
- A friendly and positive outlook
For a copy of the job description, person specification and application form, please phone on 01278 734689 or email firstname.lastname@example.org