Chard Town Council is looking for a Grounds Maintenance Chargehand to work full time (37 hours per week) to supervise and co-ordinate the Outdoor Operations team. This is an exciting time to join the team as the Council moves out into the future.
The Chargehand will lead and co-ordinate staff and ensure the effective delivery of a wide range of street scene related activities on land owned and maintained by the Council and its clients and to also lead the staff in the provision of efficient, high quality, skilled maintenance of the grounds, parks, and open spaces in an effective and productive manner.
Other areas of responsibility include:-
- Hands on support of the outdoor operations
- Assist the Operations Manager in monitoring the work, behaviour, and performance of the staff.
- Provide support and technical advice on horticultural & cleansing issues.
- Identify, propose, and implement service improvements;
- Assist in the maintenance of Health & Safety systems, carrying out of risk assessments and ensuring safe systems of work are adhered to.
Hours of work - there is a requirement for weekend work on a rota basis and/or a standby arrangement as required
Salary – (SCP Range 9 – 12) £20,903 - £22,183
A full job description and person specification can be obtained from the
Town Council’s website - www.chard.gov.uk,
by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org,
by calling 01460 239567 or by post from the Town Council
Address - The Guildhall, Fore Street, Chard, Somerset TA20 1PP
(The office is open Monday to Thursday 9:30am – 4:30pm & Fridays from 9:30am – 3pm)
Closing date for the submission of CV’s - Friday 24th September 2021 at 12 noon