Please note that due to a lack of bookings the following session will no longer be taken by LGRC. Justin will instead give a presentation on the Transparency Code and the Transparency Fund. This will not include the detailed IT solutions that LGRC would have covered, so the session will be offered at the reduced price of £25 per delegate and will run from 10am – 11:30am.
We once again have the pleasure of working with LGRC & their IT experts to provide training on the Transparency Code as it applies to smaller councils. The agenda for this half day session will include:
- Introductions of presenter and attendees
- Overview of the course and agenda
- Background to Transparency Code – legislation and government policy
- Why is transparency important?
- 7 steps to openness and accountability
- What’s in it for us?
2 The Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities
- Purpose of the Code and its application
- What constitutes a ‘Smaller Authority’
- Does not replace existing legal framework for access to and re-use of public sector info
- Compliance with Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information Act 2000
- Commercial confidentiality (p 9)
3 Information to be Published
- Annual Publication
- More Frequent Publication than Annually
4 Method of Publication (pp 31-32)
- Own website or that of Billing Authority
- Accuracy, amendment, and error correction
5 The Transparency Fund
- What is funding available for?
- Who can apply?
- How to apply
6 Websites – The Options
- Own website or that of Billing Authority – pros and cons
- Own website – development options and considerations
- Publication, maintenance and updating
- Sources of help and support
7 Practical IT Tips for Smaller Councils (optional section – time permitting)
- PCs and hardware
- Broadband, internet and connectivity
- Backups and security
- Applications software (MS Office etc)
- Efficient and appropriate use guidelines
Price: £25 members / £60 non members.
To register, please complete and return by email a booking form to email@example.com