Setting Up & Managing Suitable IT Environment in Local Councils
A one-day course hosted in partnership with LGRC IT experts. The course aims to explain in practical terms the IT essentials for a local council, the different options available, and how to go about purchasing, setting up and managing the necessary IT components, whether servers, PCs, tablets, printers, scanners, backup devices, or networking. IT use is an essential of day to day life in a local council and it is important to understand what IT components are necessary, how to achieve best value, and how to manage the IT so that it provides
the greatest benefits, performance, and security for a particular budget.
- IT options: internal servers, networked PCs, and ‘cloud’-based alternatives – pro’s and con’s
- Planning and budgeting for IT
- Purchasing IT components –understanding a council’s needs and achieving best value
- Linking IT components together – the options
- Installing, setting up, and troubleshooting IT – the options
- Safe and secure remote or home working
- Access security for different user groups
- Backups and data security
- Safe, secure and appropriate use policies
Lunch and refreshments are included.
Price: £125+VAT SALC members / £150+VAT non-members