NALC has partnered with Parish Online and Pear Technology to promote the benefits of local councils using digital mapping and to make it more accessible for parish and town (local) councils to use.
Parish Online is a Digital Mapping system for Town, Community and Parish Councils, with specialist mapping support (e.g. for cemeteries and trees) being supplied by our partners Pear Technology. Parish Online is a simple and cost-effective web application (accessed through a web browser) which allows Council staff and Councillors to:
- Access Ordnance Survey mapping and high-resolution aerial photography
- Access constraints information such as SSSI boundaries, Ancient Woodland and Flood Risk Zones
- Draw their own layers of information on the map to store as a digital record (e.g. Street assets, Neighbourhood plan maps, Winter maintenance assets, Street signage).
Parish Online is being used successfully by over 1000 councils across England and Wales. The most successful users are those who work in multi-tier groups (such as Bath and North East Somerset, and West Sussex) so that data and management actions can be shared between councils.
This event gives the opportunity for Councils interested in the technology to really understand what the software can offer a Town / Parish Council. The morning 10:00 - 12:00 is an introduction to Parish Online and will be spent looking at all the different workings of the software. This part would be for Councils that dont use the software but would like to know more about it and how it works.
The workshop in the afternoon 13:00 - 16:00 will be focused on showing signed-up users how to use the software (please bring your laptop!).
This event is suitable for...
- Councillors / Councils interested in learning more about this software and how it can work for even the smallest of Councils (AM)
- Councils that already have the software, but would like to be able to use it to its fullest extent (PM)
- County and District Councillors, as the software can be linked across whole Districts (AM)
Price: £10 SALC members per person (£40 non-members) for the Morning or Afternoon - (£15.00 for the whole day - no lunch provided)